Items required for this project:
- ANY bill ($1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, or if you're really crazy or have it around a $1,000 bill)
- time and patience
Step 1: Creasing
- To begin, start by using a crisp dollar bill.
- Crease the bill in half width wise.
- Then crease the bill in half height wise.
Step 2: Folding
- Take one side (in this case, the right) and fold it towards the center.
- Now in the front view, fold the bottom portion to the center of the bill.
- Repeat with the top portion of the bill.
Step 3: Shaping the right side
- Crease one corner on the bottom portion of the bill.
- Repeat with the top corner.
- Lift this flap up and tuck the corner inside and flatten the crease you made.
- By doing that, this should create an extra flap. Bring the flap down towards you.
- Repeat with the top portion.
Step 4: Shaping the left side
- rotate the item 180 degrees and repeat the process for the other side by creasing both the top and bottom corners. (Note: image from prior step was used. I forgot to include the image. same procedure but different side.)
- Once you have completed shaping both sides, you should now have two pentagons that looks like a home plate in a baseball field.
- Next, pinch the center and fold the piece in half, and flatten one side.
- Repeat with the other side.
Step 5: Shaping the hearts
Please direct your attention to the rear portion of the item.
- While on the rear portion of the item, crease the upper left and right corners.
- After creasing the corners, look at the top view. It has three layers, for this Instructable and from the illustration, I will use #1, #2, and #3 for top (#1), middle (#2), and bottom (#3).
- Take layer #3 and fold it down and flattening the corner creases.
- After you made the necessary folds, swing each side around.
- Looking at the top again, it now has two layers (#1 and #2). Layer #1 is now the bottom since we swung the sides around.
- Crease the corners again and fold layer #1 down and flatten the corners.
- Once you completed the steps, flip it to the front and you should now see all four corners folded neatly.
- Looking from the top, only layer #2 is remaining. Look at the small pocket between the middle layer and bottom layer.
- Take the middle layer and insert it in the small pocket.
- Fold the remaining corners.
- You should now have 4 points. Turn the item around and fold all 4 points down.
Step 6: Arranging the hearts
- Grab the thinner heart (you can tell the difference) and fold it backwards.
- Then grab the thinner heart in the center and fold it forward once more creating a Z fold. Note: you can bend and rotate the heart however you choose. Both hearts doesn't have to be aligned with each other.