Introduction: Dr Pepper Fudge Pie
This is a dense, smooth, super chocolaty fudge pie, with a hint of Dr Pepper (even people that hate the soda love this pie). The flavor can be amped up by reducing Dr Pepper before measuring it.
Step 1: Ingredients
4 c. Sugar
1 1/3 c. Dr Pepper
4 squares (1 oz each) Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
4 Tbsp white corn syrup
1 c. Butter
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 unbaked pie crust
Step 2: Bake the Pie Crust
Follow the directions on the package. You can use pie weights if you want to - I just poke holes in mine and hope for the best. Once the crust is baked, set it aside to cool.
Step 3: Starting the Filling
-Chop the chocolate. It doesn't have to be pretty or even, it's all going to be melted anyway.
-In a heavy pot, mix the sugar, Dr Pepper, chocolate, and corn syrup. This will bubble up quite a bit when cooked, make sure your pot can hold it.
-Cut the butter up, and add the vanilla to the butter. Set this aside for now.
Step 4: Finishing the Pie
- Cook over Medium-Low heat. Stir constantly.
- Continue to cook until mixture reaches the Soft Ball stage (about 236°F)
- After temperature has been reached, remove pot from heat and allow to stand at room temperature until it has cooled to about 110°F.
- Once cooled, add butter and vanilla. Beat the mixture until it begins to slightly lighten in color and looses it's shine.
- Pour mixture into pie crust, and let cool until set.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.