Step 1: Reference and Sketch
Step 2: Create Custom Prosthetics
1. Measure your forehead and create a paper stencil for the area of the prosthetic (Or build it on a facecast of yourself). Trace the stencil onto foam board and sculpt your prosthetic. I used Monster Clay for sculpting
2. Create a box around your sculpt.
3. Pour PlatSil 73-25 into your box to make the mould.
4. Remove the mould from the box.
- Coat the mould with a release agent, like Vaseline.
- Brush on 2 thin layers of cap plastic, like Super Baldiez
- pour in PlatSil Gel-00 silicone rubber - I mixed in some silicone pigment so that my prosthetics would be green.
- Brush on 2 more thin layers of cap plastic
5. When set, remove the prosthetic from the mould
6. Apply it with ProsAide prosthetic glue. Since this is an encapsulated silicone prosthetic, you can use ProsAide. If the silicone were going directly onto my skin, I'd need to use a silicone glue, like Telesis.
I HIGHLY recommend checking out the videos by BITY Mold Supply, they have great instructions and more specifics on mold-making. Check out BITY on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brickintheyard?feature=watch
Step 3: Dye and Paint a Body Suit
2. Dye the body suit with Jacquard Dye-na-flow dye.
3. Paint on scales with Jacquard Lumiere paints.
4. Create scale "plates" for the back and tail out of craft foam
5. Customize it as you please!
Step 4: Create Dragon Wings
2. Glue on a layer of sheer fabric.
3. Cover the foam with strips of the same fabric as your body suit. I used hot glue but you could try other kinds.
4. Dye the fabric with Jacquard Dye-na-flow.
5. Coat the wing posts with resin so they are more rigid.
6. Put the wings into the pockets on your back and fly away!
Step 5: Build a Headpiece
2. Stuff polyfill into the nooks and crannies, then cover it with paper mache. I used paper towel pieces and white school glue for this part.
3. Cover the styrofoam with Worbla thermoplastic.
4. Prime the Worbla with a plastic primer.
5. Paint the headpiece with acrylic paints.
6. Go wear it!