If you like the costume, please vote in the upper right corner. Thanks!
Step 1: Design
Step 2: Materials
Dragon head design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZLKWn6Qqdk
Articulating wings: http://www.instructables.com/id/Articulated-Wing-Framework/
Duct tape dragon scales:http://www.instructables.com/id/Removable-Dragon-Skin-Bottle-Cozy-from-Duck-Tape/
Materials: Tons of foam, glue and cardboard.
- EVA Y-20 Foam (aka Cross-linked Polyethylene Foam or X-linked Polyethylene Foam)
- Foam Factory has great prices, variety and you can get it in red or white to make painting easier: http://www.thefoamfactory.com/closedcellfoam/cross-linked-polyethylene-foam.html
- Adhesives: Contact Cement, 3M Super 77 Spray, Elmers Spray Adhesive, Duct Tape and LOTS of hot glue.
- Paint: Lots of Krylon cans and transparent spray paint for the eyes from a hobby store
- Acrylic plastic (TAP Plastics)
- Wire mesh for sculpting horns or nose
- Flashy fabric
- PET tubing
- Metal strapping from structural bracing section of Home Depot for metal subframe
- Metal frame backpack off Craigslist
- Fireworks for epic photoshoots
- Canned air duster for steam effect
- Expanding foam for sculpting
- Elmers glue for papermache work
- Lightweight spackle for sculpting