With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share step-by-step photos with text instructions
share one or more photos in one step quickly and easily
share your how-to video
This design uses a drain-free bin, ideal for indoor worm farming. Instead of having a drain, scraps are placed over a bed of organic soil. Night cra...
1. Build or buy a bin big enough to hold the food scraps your household creates in two months.
2. Line the bottom with paper. (I soaked the paper in water that I had used to boil potatoes in. The starch in the water hardened when the paper dri...
3. Put in three or four inches of organic soil.
4. Add in Night Crawlers (commonly used for bait and often found at general stores). They prefer a moist soil and will feed on dirt.
5. Cover with shredded newspaper, dead leaves, thin cardboard, sawdust, or any other paper (black and white ink only).
6. Obtain Red Wigglers, an above ground species of worm and put them in the bin.
7. Introduce first batch of food waste. (Food scraps should first be placed in a separate container to allow them to break down a bit and give off so...
8. Completely cover the food scraps with sawdust, leaves, paper, or cardboard. (Cuts down on flies)
9. Cover with lid (not air tight).
10. When two thirds full, stop feeding scraps to the worms. Let them process whatever is in the bin.
11. Once mostly decomposed, put a small amount of food scraps in one corner of your bin to bait your worms into that area.
12. Once they have found the new food, you can harvest the worm castings from other areas in the bin without removing many worms.
Tag files as:
Stackable Worm Condos/binsby darnocpdx
It's a Vermiculture Worldby vermiculture
VermiCulture Composter Turn your kitchen scraps into Organic Fertilizerby LoganMackey
Worm bin bag for indoor vermicomposting and easy separation of worms from compostby amyoungs
how to make vermicompostby astrodan3
5 dollar, 1/2 hour Worm Composting Bin(s)by Marcos
Multi-Layer Vermiculture Binby kmh182
Mini Wooden Portable Compost Binby Brennn10
Understanding Hydroponicsby dutchypoodle
Compost at lightning speed with a bucket worm farm!by calskin
Download our new apps for iOS and android!
©Copyright 2013 Autodesk Inc. All rights reserved.
PDF DownloadsAs a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format.
You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.