If you are and artist(maybe your friends are)... But any way I will show you how to make Drawing Charcoal Cheaply.
Step 1: Materials
For the materials they are here:
1. An 8 inch steel pipe with threads so end caps could be placed on.
2. 2 Screw-on end caps for the pipe.
3. For the Charcoal I used Willow branches. I found them at the Charles river in Boston, any willow branches would work.( most wood should work)
4. A pair of wrenches may be a vice.
5. A knife.
6. A fire pit/fire place that works.