Introduction: Dremel - All Purpose Penny Cutting Blade
This instructable shows the process of making your own all purpose cutting blade for a Dremel made from a penny.
The main purpose for this tool was to cut out the plastic in this 8000 Lumen LED flash light instructable that can be viewed HERE
Step 1: Materials and Tools
Metal Bandsaw or Hacksaw - to see my homemade table bandsaw instrucable click HERE
Drill press and bit
coin or round steel
Dremel cutting wheel bit
Step 2: Preparation for Drilling
- Grind or Sand he penny/coin flat
- Find the center using a jig
- Mark the center using a center punch
Step 3: Drilling and Designing
- Drill the hole in the center
- Draw a saw blade like pattern using your pencil
Step 4: Cutting and Shaping
- Cut the shape out using a metal Bandsaw, hacksaw or file.
Step 5: Video Results
Enjoy! Be Safe this is a very dangerous tool! use appropriate safety precautions
I made this tool to cut plastic when I was making an 8000 lumen LED light
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.