Step 1: Gathering Materials
* either a Dremel grinder, or a knock off (which is just fine for this application)
* Drill and bits (I used a step bit)
* Diamond cutting wheel that fits your grinders chuck.( I bought a cheep 20$ US set at Harbor Fright ;) that had 2 in it, plus every other possible attachment you would want!
*And finally, a nut that will fit the end of your grinder. ( I have the long attachment for mine which has an end cap which screws off, and receives a 5/8 nut.
Step 2: Measure Twice. Cut Once!
I held my Dremel up to the hight that I wanted, and marked it. then I measured with calipers to find the width.
*I decided on a 3/4 size hole.
* Think about where you want this grinder to be, and make sure you can access the spot from underneath.
* I used a cheep step drill bit ( also HF) and it drilled out pretty easy.
Step 3: Assembly
- make sure the chuck spins freely above the nut.
If it rubs, you may need to widen the hole.
* Then I chucked up the diamond cutting wheel, and tested it.
I also added a hook to hang the Dremel motor from, in a place I could reach the on off and speed control.
- if it sits too high, you could add washers under the table.
Step 4: The Benifits
This has been my first Instructable. Tanks and Bombs!
Step 5: Update
This also make it so I can grind with one hand!