Peanuts and pretzels are the nuts and bolts of a party. Throw in some chunks o' chocolate and whip them into a cookie. KABLAM, the ultimate party treat with a little salt, a splatter of sweet and a dose of gooeyness. The construction is a rather straight forward cookie process so even the budding bakers can dabble.
· 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup peanut butter
· 1 cup of packed dark brown sugar
· 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
· 1/2 cup rolled oats
· 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chunks (about 6 ounces)
· 3/4 cup crushed pretzels
· 2 tablespoon course sea salt (for sprinkling)
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).