Introduction: Drinking Game Table
Today I will show you my drinking game table I created for my upcoming birthday. For sure I'm not the first one who did this and this might not even be the best one, but anyways: here we go..
Step 1: Materials
You don't need that many things to create this game. What you need is:
- a table (mine is an old one from Ikea, 78cm*78cm)
- a long ruler (I used my level)
- something to make square angles (e.g. a triangle ruler or a speed square)
- at least two different colors (I used a black and a red sharpie)
If you want to:
- a pencil to pre-draw everything
- (some transparent foil two cover the writing)
And the most important thing: time.
Step 2: Choosing Your Layout and Tasks on the Fields
Now you have to choose a layout you like. I chose the "L"-shaped one, because my table is 78cm*78cm and I thought it would be best to have some free space to place drinks and other stuff.
In my case I chose an border of 4cm around the whole game and made the fields 7cm*7cm big. In this way it was possible to put 10 fields on the outmost borders of the game.
All in all I made 40 fields excluding start and finish and chose tasks for every single one.
Here comes a list of my tasks because they are in German on the photos:
1. everyone drinks
2. you and your seat neighbours drink
3. roll the dice again or drink
4. all women drink
5. choose someone who drinks
6. all men drink
7. make a new rule
9. everyone rolls a dice and drinks the number of dice eyes
10. kiss someone or drink three
11. move on three fields and drink one
12. everyone sings a song, who does not sing along drinks
13. short break
14. the first and last one drink
15. everyone who has a sister drinks
16. choose someone who drinks
17. the next one who uses his smartphone has to drink five
18. choose someone who has to drink with you all the time
19. everyone with glasses or contacts drinks
20. everyone without siblings drinks
21. one round „never have I ever…“
22. make a new rule
23. short break
24. move on three fields
25. rock-paper-scissors-duel. looser drinks.
26. those with an even age drink
27. undress one piece of clothing or drink six
29. everyone drinks
30. everyone without glasses or contacts drinks
31. everyone who has a brother drinks
32. all women drink
33. short break
34. all men drink
35. roll a dice: even number, you drink; uneven number, everyone else drinks
36. those with an uneven age drink
37. make a new rule
38. you drink
39. everyone drinks
40. move back to start, everyone else drinks out of pity
Step 3: Creating the Outlines
Now you start creating the outlines. Try to make them parallel to the edges of the table and right-angled.
I chose two different colors for the different outlines so you can always see, where the "path" is.
Step 4: Fill in the Tasks
Now I wrote all the tasks and matching numbers in the fields.
Step 5: Cover the Whole Thing in Foil
Because I was afraid, that spilled alcohol might make the font vanish, I got some self-adhesive transparent foil and got a friend to help me put it on without air bubbles.
I hope you like the instructable. Feel free to comment :)