Introduction: Drumstick Pie With Waffle Cone Crust
Delicious and as Easy as Pi !
Remember the thrill of the ice cream truck coming around your block when you were a kid? And the taste of that sweet, cool and refreshing drumstick?
Transport yourself back to those dogday afternoons of summers gone by with one bite of this yummy Drumstick pie!
Step 1: Stuff You Need
oreo cookie crumbs
powdered egg replacement OR you can use any egg substitute (see my suggestions in Filling step)
crunchy peanut butter
measuring cups and spoons
chocolate syrup (optional)
Step 2: Make the Crust
Waffle cone crust:
1 (200 g) box waffle ice cream cones (12 cones)
4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup graham crumbs
3 tablespoons chunkypeanut butter
1. Break cones in half, reserving tips for later.
2. Then break non-tip part into pieces and place in food processor. If you don't have a food processor, then put them in a plastic zip lock and roll over the bag with a rolling pin or use a hammer to smash them.
3. Add sugar, peanut butter, melted butter and graham crumbs into food processor and mix until evenly coated and it clings together (you can also do this by hand if you don't have a food processor)
4. Press into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and press mixture onto bottom and up side of plate.
5. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
Step 3: Make the Filling
½ cup chunky peanut butter
8 oz cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
1 (1 litre) container of Cool Whip
½ cup icing sugar
4 tsp egg replacement
***You can use any other egg replacement that is equivalent to 4 whole eggs:
1. 2 tbsp water mixed with 1 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of baking powder per egg. Mix together well before adding to replace one egg
2. Yogurt: use 2 to 4 oz of yogurt plus half a tsp of oil to replace one egg
(If you use either of the above, add a little more powdered sugar - about 1-2 Tblsp, depending on how sweet you like it)
1. Beat cream cheese, ½ cup of peanut butter and vanilla.
2. Then beat in egg replacement and powdered sugar
3. Fold Coolwhip into peanut butter cream cheese mixture.
4. Pour into chilled pie shell.
Step 4: Make the Topping
1/4 cup peanuts (unsalted)
2 Tblsp of butter
1 Tblsp peanut butter
2/3 cup oreo cookie crumbs
3 Tblsp toffee bits
1. Grind peanuts in food processor. If you don't have a food processor, put them in a ziplock and roll over them with a rolling pin (or use a hammer to smash them)
2. Add the peanut butter, oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter to the peanuts and mix in the food processor for another 15 seconds or so (you can mix by hand if you don't have a food processor)
3. Mix in toffee bits
4. Sprinkle over pie
5. Freeze for 1 hour
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
Assemble to serve:
1. Drizzle chocolate syrup over each piece of pie prior to serving (optional)
2. Top with remaining 1/2 (peak) of wafflecone (this can be used as a scoop for eating the pie -that's what my kids did and they loved it!)
3. Be prepared to give everyone the recipe when they ask!