Just in time for summer, an easy recipe for making your very own Drumstick style ice cream cones - also known in some parts as Cornettos!
You can customize these special treats to suit anyone's tastes. My favorite is half mint chip / half cookies + cream, topped with chocolate and chopped nuts! What will yours be?
Step 1: Ingredients
- Ice cream cones
- Ice cream in your favorite flavors
- 2 bottles magic shell or make your own! - covers 6-9 cones
- Nuts (opt.)
Step 2: READ THE BOTTLE
Clicquot sez "Very important to read bottle."
Bottle sez "Shake me up good!"
Yes, this warrants its own step.
Mostly so I could use kitten pictures. She iz good halper.
Step 3: Prepare Your Cones
- Drizzle Magic Shell into the cones and swirling to coat.
- For an extra treat, add a maraschino cherry or frozen berry to the bottom of the cone
- Pop 'em in the freezer for a good 10 minutes.
- While you're waiting, take the ice cream out of the freezer to let it soften up.
Step 4: Make the Magical Innards
To make our chocolatey guts, we'll need:
- Wax or parchment paper
- Pencil, pen, chopstick or something similar in shape.
Fill the paper cones with Magic Shell and freeze!
Step 5: Fill With Ice Cream
I recommend doing this in a different order than is illustrated, so try to keep up here. Do as I say, not as I did.
- Wrap your cones in wax paper, and cut tops to about 2" above the edge of the cone. (I made a template so I could cut 6 at a time.)
- Fill cones with melty ice cream up to the top of the cone.
- Unwrap the chocolate spears you made and place them in the cones
- Top off the cones with remaining ice cream to within 1/2" of the wax paper
Step 6: Top Off
- Place nuts in a plastic bag
- Smash with a hammer
- Pour a small amount of Magic Shell on top of the cones. Quickly add chopped nuts (now that the ice cream's refrozen, the magic shell will set up quickly!)
- Alternatively, leave the cones in the freezer until very firm, remove wax paper and dip the entire top of the cone into a bowl of magic shell and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.