Here is a delicious all-natural food for snacking as a paleo dieter! We dry the flesh of a coconut to create these Dry Roasted Coconut Chips which we naturally sweeten and add a bit of salt for a delicious salty and sweet combination. These chips are very similar to the popular DANG Toasted Coconut Chips, and now we show you how to create these marvelous little creations in the comfort of your own home!
Step 1: Ingredients and Instructions
- 1 Whole Fresh Coconut in Shell
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the coconut shell of water, and then break the shell to remove the flesh from the coconut shell.
- Peel off all of the brown exterior coconut skin on the flesh with a peeler.
- Using either a knife, mandolin, or food processor slicing blade, slice all of the coconut meat into thin uniform slices and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup maple syrup (1/8 cup maple syrup for less sweet) and sea salt to the mixing bowl and toss to coat the coconut chips.
- Bake on a baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, and place the coconut chips onto the trays of a food dehydrator and dehydrate for 8-10 hours.
- When the chips are sufficiently dried out, remove from the food dehydrator.
- Serve and enjoy as a snack or Sprinkled on salads as a garnish.