Introduction: Duct Duck (Duct Tape Duck Tub Stopper)
Duct tape is truly magical. It can be used for nearly everything, including creating an awesome little duckie which can then be attached to a tub stopper to make taking a bath super fun!
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- Duct tape (I'm using yellow, but you can use whatever color you like)
- Grommet tool and grommet
- Hole punch or leather punch
- Tub stopper
- Thin chain (approximately 10")
- Two coins or other small weights (I used pennies)
- Pliers (optional but suggested)
Step 2: Making Duct Tape Sheets
- Cut a piece of duct tape approximately 9" long and place it sticky side up on your work surface
- Cut a two more pieces the same length and place them over the first so that they meet at it's center
- Flip the whole thing over and apply pieces to cover the outside edges
- Repeat until you have roughly a square of duct tape sheet
- Trim the sheet down to form a 8.5" x 8.5" square
Step 3: Get Ready to Spread Your Wings
- Fold in two sides of the sheet to the center to form a kite shape
- Fold the long point back to meet the shorter point
- Fold the long point back again so that the fold is even with the layers underneath
- Fold in the shorter point so that the tip meets the layers underneath
- Fold the long point under itself to form a beak
- Lift the entire thing up and fold in half to form two halves of a duck
- Pull the neck and head portions out slightly and crease them into place
- Fold the bottom portion on each side up to form the base of the body
- Fold the flaps at the back of the body inside to form the tail portion
- Position the coins under the body portion of the duck (on the inside) and cover each with a piece of tape. These will help ensure your duckie doesn't take a header when placed in water
- Cut a small pieces of tape and apply it to any areas that might need some help staying held together
Step 4: Duct Duck. . .Goose?
- Punch a hole in the back portion of the duck using a leather punch or hole punch
- Using a grommet tool, add a grommet to the hole
- Connect the duck to the tub stopper using the chain
- Fill your tub, add bubbles, and hop in!
rayebs made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.