- Cardboard--You can unfold a cardboard box and cut yours out of it.
- Duct Tape--I've found that if you want a high quality art journal, use Platypus Designer Duct Tape. You can find it online.
- Origami paper, scrapbook paper, colored paper...get creative!
- Embroidery floss--Think rainbow!!
- Embroidery needle
- Paper for the inside--Printer paper works just fine.
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Closure system (Velcro, Elastic, Magnet)
Step 1: The Cardboard Cover
Then, take your ruler and press it against one of the two spine lines. Bend your cardboard. Then, place your ruler on the other line of the spine, and bend the cardboard again. Close the cover as you would a book, seeing the form of the journal starting to take shape.