Introduction: Duct Tape Card Wallet
Make this easy No-Sew Duct Tape card wallet in no time flat!
It's thin enough to slip in your pocket and made to sport your favorite prints.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
- Fabric 4 1/2" x 6" (11.5cm x 15cm or so)
- Duct tape (color of your choice)
- Stapler + staples
- Business or ID/Bank card (for measuring purposes)
- Tiny magnets (opt) not for use with credit cards
Step 2: Tape Your Fabric
- Cut strips of tape to extend slightly beyond marked lines
- Overlap rows of tape a small amount
- Cut off edges of tape flush with fabric
Step 3: Tape Back Raw Edges
- Cut a tape slightly longer than the short edges
- Lay tape underneath fabric (on the right side)
- Fold over edge about 1/2" (1.25cm)
- Repeat on both sides
Step 4: Add Magnets (opt)
They're SO not necessary, but do offer a satisfying snap to the final product.
do not use if carrying credit cards
- Fold the now-taped edges over the business card to give yourself a good idea of where the new edges will occur, and crease.
- Place a magnet in the center of crease to the outer edge.
- Use a small piece of tape to secure
- Repeat on other side, making sure magnet polarities are properly aligned.
Step 5: Create Pockets
*Turn the fabric over so you're looking at the fabric side.
- Fold the duct taped side back over your business card to form the pockets (yes, you're doing this inside out right now)
- Staple once on each side to hold folds in place
- Now go back and staple along the edges (leaving enough room for the cards to slide easily in and out, and for there to be a stack of them)
Step 6: Tape Back Edges
- Cut tape slightly larger than the edges you just stapled.
- Lay the tape over the staples on the side with the pockets
- Fold toward the duct taped side along the line of staples
- Tape down firmly
- Repeat on other side
Step 7: Turn Wallet Right Side Out
(that was pretty self-explanatory)
- Use a closed pair of scissors to work the corners out and make sure no tape is sticking to itself.
Step 8: Fill With Your Cards and Those of Others
This is a cool accessory to whip out when it's card sharing time.
Keep a handful of your cards on one side, and keep other people's in the other side!
Or use it as a regular wallet and keep your license and bank cards on one, and cash money on the other!
I'm going to make a ton of these to go with all of my outfits.
This one obviously goes with my deathskullbandana outfits.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.