With a few simple supplies (get your stapler loaded!), a little time, and absolutely no prior experience needed, you can make your own gorgeous custom tote bag today!
Step 1: Materials
- Fabric - something a bit sturdy works better. I used a donation scrap of what I think was upholstery fabric. I made the bag as big as the scrap would allow, which turned out to be 10"x18"
- Duct tape - get a color you like to coordinate with your fabric. This was my first go, so I just used what was around. The next one will get something fancy!
- Scissors to cut your fabric
- Stapler + staples (oh yes)
- *Optional (but awesome) - two tiny strong magnets
Step 2: Cut Fabric
- Cut two squares out of the bottom corners, about 1" high and 1 1/2" wide. If you make a bigger bag, or want it to be wider at the base, increase these measurements.
Step 3: Tape
- Open the fabric, party side down.
- Start layering strips of duct tape over the wrong side (inside) of the fabric, slightly overlapping each strip.
- Continue until piece is covered.
- Trim away excess tape