Step 4: Cut Handle Opening
- Fold the fabric in half, party sides together, to mark the center on the tape, 1 1/2" down from the top.
- Draw a line 2" to each side of this mark, and 1"down on each side. Finish the box by drawing the bottom line.
- Mark a line horizontally across the center of the box.
- Make a mark 3/4" in from each side on this line.
- Draw diagonal lines from the corners to these marks.
- Repeat on other end.
If you ever have sewn, you may recognize how much these look like welt pockets or bound buttonholes.