I searched all over for a small notepad I could keep in my pocket. I am an IT geek, so I do have a smart phone. However, there are times when it is not readily available (like now because it's being modded and currently down for maintenance). Also, it's just so much fun to actually mark things off a list!
My searches for a pocket-size notepad failed. Either they were not small enough or they were too expensive. That's when I decided to make my own.
Step 1: Items needed
1. Two cards - I used a gift card and a card I received at a casino
2. Duct tape - I am sure you have a roll or two handy
3. Rubber bands - They need to be thick and make sure they fit snugly around the cards
4. Notepad - I work in IT so a lot of vendors drop of their notepads covered with their logos. It's not corporate theft if these were free AND headed to the rubbish since we get so many of them.
1. Exacto knife - nice and sharp
2. Well... that's about it