My searches for a pocket-size notepad failed. Either they were not small enough or they were too expensive. That's when I decided to make my own.
Step 1: Items needed
1. Two cards - I used a gift card and a card I received at a casino
2. Duct tape - I am sure you have a roll or two handy
3. Rubber bands - They need to be thick and make sure they fit snugly around the cards
4. Notepad - I work in IT so a lot of vendors drop of their notepads covered with their logos. It's not corporate theft if these were free AND headed to the rubbish since we get so many of them.
1. Exacto knife - nice and sharp
2. Well... that's about it
Step 2: Cutting down the notepad
I used the card as a guide (offsetting just a bit for a reduced size) and made my markings. After that was complete, the cutting began. It took several passes to cut through all the sheets of paper.