Step 1: What you will need.
To start this lampshade you will need the follows tools and supplies.
- A lamp preferably without a lampshade
- 1.25 mm or similar galvanized steel wire
- 2.5 mm similar galvanized steel wire
- Duct tape
- A4 filing sleeve (Not shown)
- Needle nose pliers
- Average pliers as shown in my Tool Roll instructable or similar
- Permanent marker (Not shown)
- Utility Knife (Not shown)
Step 2: Wires and wired up.
Once my ring was cut, I used the thin wire by rolling it tightly around of about 25mm of wire overlap.
The ruler was then used to check the roundness of the ring. It is important to fix problems as you go along because a problem later on could be disastrous.
The arm that was holding the shade to the lamp bend so that it interlocks into each other. The arms was made by bending it into a U shape first and then by bending the arms backwards.
Once the arms are done, add them to the lamp and place the wire ring on top.