A step by step project guide by ArduinoFun
With this Instructable I am going to show you how to use a SN754410NE Quad H-Bridge IC to control two 12 volt DC Motors.
I have added a video so that you can see the Dual Motor in action. As you can see in the video, all the wires can be a little confusing to look at. To make things easier to view and understand as we go along, I have also created an illustration for you to refer to. You may also download a printable PDF file of this illustration. I have depicted an Arduino board in the illustration, if you already have one you are good to go, if not... you can do like I have and Build Your Own Arduino following another one of my instructables.
Breadboard Illustration - You may also download a printable PDF file of this illustration
Step 1: Parts List
- Arduino board - $29.95 at CuriousInventor.com or...
- Build Your Own Arduino - Total build cost $15.95 at ArduinoFun.com
- SN754410 Quad Half H-Bridge - $2.50 available at ArduinoFun.com
- 840 Tie Point Breadboard - $6.95 available at ArduinoFun.com
- Wire Jumper Kit - $12.95 available at ArduinoFun.com
- Two DC Motors - $3.99 ea. available at ArduinoFun.com