Introduction: Duet WiFi – Activate and Connect the WiFi… When It Doesn’t Work!
Duet WiFi – Activate and connect the WiFi… when it doesn’t work!
Guess we've all tried it.. just can't get the WiFi to connect to our home network. Especially after a firmware upgrade.
For some reason the non-macro manual method doesn't always work, and I've learned that the most simple solution then, is to create a macro file with the needed info and execute the macro.
This post is a boiled down version of my Duet WiFi/Eth – Recover from Erase + basic setup post and a direct copy of this same Instructables on my own blog.
Macrofile for networksetup
- We need to create a small macrofile to make it connect to our WiFi. I tried doing this manually without the Macro, but I simply just could not get it to connect..
- So, go to your Macros folder on your SD card and create a new file named SetNetwork containing the following commands (without spaces before or after the commands on each line):
M552 S0<br>G4 P10000
M587 S"your-network-ssid" P"your-network-password"
- Now eject the card from your computer and insert it into your Duet WiFi and connect it to your computer using the USB cable
- Connect to your Duet WiFi using Pronterface or some other Terminal Program and type M552 S0 to start the WiFi module
WiFi module started
- Type in M98 P/macros/SetNetwork to execute the macro we created
WiFi module started
- Send M587 and check that your network is listed
- Send M552 S1. After a few seconds you should see a message that it has connected to your access point and display the IP it has recieved.
- Connect via the web interface
- Enable the M552 S1 command in config.g – if it’s not in there, then just make a new line and type it in.
- For security reasons you might want to delete the SetNetwork macro file
SD Card Folder Structure
It’s usefull to know how the structure is supposed to be on the SD-card and also to know the function of each of the files and more info.
All this is shown on the SD Card folder structure wiki page
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.