To build a Duo of your own, you'll need:
1. My solidworks file (certainly couldn't hurt, anyway)
2. 1 Sheet of 4' x 8' x 3/4" plywood (It'll use less but start there in case you mess something up!)
3. A collection of hand held tools (drill, jigsaw, file, wood rasp, chisel, router, ruler, straightedge, pencil)
4. A table saw is handy for speed and accuracy but it's not absolutely necessary
5. Something to finish it with (paint, lacquer...whatever suits your mood)
6. A good dose of patience and creative appetite!
Follow along as I outline the assembly process!
Step 1: Using the Duo
The Duo pictured is the very first one built and I used it nonstop as my computer chair for over a year. As a design student, I spent a LOT of time in this chair. It's as solid today as it was when I made it.