What you need:
- A tongue piercing
- Time (approx 22 days)
- 0.5mm Mono filament (Fishing line)
- Anti Bacterial Mouthwash (Preferably alcohol free)
- A pair of strong sharp scissors
- A high pain threshold and a strong sense of determination
Yes this is photos of me doing it. I made a diary as I did it here -> http://freewebs.com/davidickechat/tonguesplit.html
DISCLAIMER: This is just a general description. Its best to look at my diary of it and to do a little more research before you attempt it. THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS PROCEDURE! But like anything, just keep a close eye on it, don't be an idiot, and keep all your tools clean.
Step 1: Tie in mono filament
2. Pull the two ends of the line away from you keeping it centered when you tie the first knot. (This step is important as it determines where the cut will be. And you want it in the middle.)
3. Tie the second knot. Don't tie it too tight. Just enough so it hurts a little. It may not feel tight enough, but trust me, it will hurt later on!