you need three batches of colored dough.
The companion featured instructable EASY MARZIPAN DOUGH will show you
how to make the dough for these delicious ornate mushrooms.
Step 1: LETS MAKE A MUSHROOM = OLD WORLD HOUBY
from the companion Featured Instructable EASY MARZIPAN DOUGH .
- You will need a wooden breadboard
- A butter knife
- A plastic chopstick and
- A roll of paper towels
Open the Brown and Red dough plastic bags and take out a third of each color dough.
Be sure to close the zip locks up again.
- Picture #1
- On the breadboard roll a brown cylinder with the palms of your hands .
- And cut it into finger lengths.
- Then press flatten one end of the cylinder to simulate the mushroom stem.
- Now Roll a like number of Red dough Balls between your palms using a circular motion.
- Picture #2
- The Mushroom Head is formed by pressing a thumb into a Red Ball and forming the dough around.
- Note the desired Houby ( Mushroom ) Stem and Head look to fit snugly together.
- Picture #3
- Start by taking a dollop of White dough from the Zip Lock Bag and set it aside.
- Mount the Red Head onto a Brown Stem and gently press them together.
- Note the good fit of the Stem and mushroom Head.
- Not happy :-( with the results ? IT is easy enough to start over at picture #1
- Picture #4
- Using only hands the Red Houby Heads are fit snugly onto the Brown Stems.
- The next step will place the White distinguishing flecks
- Of the Amanita Muscaria Mushroom ( Houby ) round marks.
Depending on your speed, ability and desire you should be able to make a dozen Houby at a time.