Somethings you will need:
1. Tools needed. I needed only a screwdriver, electrical tape, wire cutters, and wire strippers.
- You may also wish to solder the joints and heatshrink but this is optional.
3. Three new battery connectors.
4. If you do not already have something to wrap the batteries a piece of foam or battery clip holders will be needed but are not completely necessary.
Before I start:
1. If you attempt this I am not responsible for any damage that may occur. If you feel like this is too difficult do not attempt there is always someone who has tried this before such as a guitar tech and I am sure they could help you if you ask.
2. This mod is for a specific set of Active Pickups most all actives in guitars are about the same but make sure you know what you are doing before you attempt this. Refer to number 1.
3. Be safe and careful. I did make a few shortcuts: For example I taped the 3 way battery clips. I will be going back to solder them and heat shrink but for pictures I just taped so that it would not take all day to finish.
4. Feel free to message me here if you need any help with this mod. I plan on later adding a pot so that I can dial in the Volts from 9 to 18 and also installing a switch for plain 9 or 18 volt operation.
Step 1: Assess the setup
I am preforming this mod on a PRS CE so your guitar maybe different.
This guitar has already been fitted with EMG Active pick ups. If you do not have actives you will not be able to do this. However if you have them then this should work.
Most guitars will have about the same setup throughout with small differences but be sure before you get in to deep.
Remember to keep the screws and cover set together and out of the way. It is a pain to grab a flashlight and look for those tiny screws all day.