Step 1: Items
2. FTDI module
3. Jumper cables (9) to be precise 2 nos F-F, 7nos Male - female.
4. Bread board
5. a Computer to upload program
6. Android / ios mobile to control your project
7.USB cable to connect FTDI to computer.
Step 2: The FTDI
2. Don't use ❌
3. Vcc (+ve) set it to 3.3V always, higher voltage can damage your ESP
4. Tx - The transmitter
5. Rx - The Receiver pin
6. Don't use ❌
Step 3: The ESP and Pins
1. Tx Transmission pin
2. Ch_PD Chip enable pin
3. RST Reset pin
4. Vcc +ve pin
5. Gnd Ground Pin
6. GPio 2 - Input output pin 2
7. GPio 0 - Input output pin 0
8. Rx - Receiver pin
Step 4: Connection and Points to Be Remembered
2. Transmission pin- Tx of FTDI is always connected to Receiver pin - Rx of the ESP and vice versa.
3. Vcc and CH_ PD of ESP is always connected to Vcc 3.3 v of FTDI
4. Ground to ground.
Step 5: Setting Up Blynk App
Open, Sign up for new user with your email, Create new Project, Give project name, select Device to ESP8266, connection type Wi-Fi and create..
once create is pressed You will be sent Token
Step 6: ESP and Blynk- Connection, Setup and Programming
1. Open Arduino IDE if u don't have one download it from www.Arduino.cc
a.open new project
b.select board as Generic ESP8266 module
c.open examples > Blynk > boards_wifi > Esp8266_Standalone
****imp: if you don't have board option for ESP 8266, Blynk library in examples refer to my other tutorial on them,
2. once above is done Change the AuthToken with authentication token received on your email
3. Change ssid n pass to your wifi network Name and password, if u don't have u can use your mobiles hotspot too.
4. Once done hit verify, it shouldn't give any error if all steps are followed properly
5. hit upload. once the upload is complete and successful, "disconnect" the GPIO 0 pin from the ground. plug the pin to other pin of bread board as it can be used to control 1 LED.
once done good to go...
Step 7: The Control
** Insert LED between ground and GPIO pins each .which you want to control.
1. open Blynk app, you will see your project openand it
2. add 2 buttons to your project
3. click on the buttons and select pins to Digital Gp0 and Gp2 respective for the 2 buttons.
4. Select if you want a push or button switch
5. once done press the play button next to add
a. if the device is not connected to internet it will show "device not connected" or "device offline".
b. if device is connected you can see info of device by pressing button next to stop.
6. Once done you are ready to rock the LEDs from your mobile.