Step 1: What You'll Need:
3. Round File or Dremel
3. Hot melt glue gun
Step 2: Construction:
2. File or grind between the lines about half way through the clamp.
3. Round the edges, where your earphone wires will come in contact with.
4. Cut a strip of velcro and hot-glue it to the edge of the tarp clamp as shown. Hot glue the velcro with the fuzzy part facing down.
5. Add the reverse part of the velcro to the opposite side in the center.
Step 3: Using:
2. Rotate the clamp clockwise or counter clockwise to wind your earphones up. You can use your thumb and finger as an axle to rotate the the disk as I'm doing here. When the earphones reach the disk, continue winding the cord around.
3. When the cord is completely wound, wrap the velcro over, holding it all in place and ready to drop into your pocket.
4. To use, simply release the velcro and let the longer portion fall off. At the point the wires of bothe the plug and earphone ends are exposed, gently pull on each end and the disk will simply spin off and your earphones are ready to plug in.
No more rat's nest in your pocket.