Step 1: Step 1: Materials for the Cord Wrapper (skip If You Already Have It!)
-Altoids tin or equivalent.
-The earbuds you want to store
-A paper clip
-Scissors to cut the credit card
-Tape and/or super glue
-(optional) Hole punch
Step 2: Step 2: Making the Cord Wrapper (skip If You Already Have It)
1. Cut the cord into 3 parts.
2. Make holes and slots for the cord, as seen in Spacematter's tutorial (as well as mine)
3. Fine-tune the slots (cut them until they work!)
Step 3: Step 3: Improving the Cord Wrapper (DO NOT SKIP)
1. Get a paper clip, and bend it as shown in the first picture.
2. Tape/glue the paper clip as shown in the fourth picture.
3. Get your Altoids tin. If it fits, you've finished the improvements.
Step 4: How-to-use Your Improved Earbud Cord Wrapper!
1. Get your cord wrapper, Altoids tin, and earbuds.
2. Wrap the cord around the cord wrapper until there's less than an inch of loose cord on the earbud side.
3. See picture 2.
3a. Fit the cord through the crevice between the 90-degree bend in the paper clip at Point 1.
3b. Pull the cord past Point 2 in the direction of point 3. Expect some friction.
3c. Keep pulling until nothing is clipping/grabbing onto the earbud cord. However, if you find doing steps 3a-3c in reverse difficult, ignore this step.
4. Your earbuds SHOULD dangle freely, but unless you do steps 3a-3c in reverse, they should not unwind the cord from the wrapper.
5. Fit the improved wrapper and the wrapped cord into an Altoids tin, so as to protect the wrapper and keep the cord from being damaged.