Introduction: Easter/Spring Wreath
In this instructable, you will learn how to create this pretty Easter or Spring themed wreath for only $6 .
This one took me about 10 minutes from start to hanging!
Step 1: Things You Will Need
- Foam wreath base ( green foam wreath $1 at dollar tree) I believe this is a 12" wreath.
- duct tape of your choice $1 at dollar tree
- 2-3 inch wide ribbon of your choice $1 at Dollar Tree
- faux flowers of your choice $1 each stick at Dollar Tree-I used 2 sticks for this wreath.
- any other additives...I added foam glittery Easter eggs with ribbon loop on top to hang by. $1 at Dollar Tree..they also had butterflies on sticks and easter eggs on sticks , but I chose the hanging eggs so I can remove them after Easter and still have a spring themed wreath.
Step 2: Crafting Your Wreath
First thing you need to know is that this is a glue free project! Just a little finger strength and you'll be hanging this pretty piece on your door in no time!
First you want to wrap the foam wreath in the duct tape you picked out..it will look lumpy/creased in spots but no worries...once its done you wont even notice it, and trying to get it perfectly smooth would take too long.
Once its covered in the duct tape, you are going to cut the faux flowers and any other stick additives you have down to size--you only nee about 1/4 -1/2 inch long stems ticking out--just long enough to push through the duct tape into the foam without falling out or coming out the back of the wreath.
Once they are all cut, arrange them however you like by simply pushing them through the tape into the foam. I try to push the base of the flower down as far as it will go to ensure further stability.
Now, using the eggs on ribbon loops , I hung those on a few of the flowers and then pushed the flower into place so as to have the eggs hang from the flowers. if you have additives that don't hang or have sticks you can glue them..I recommend a dab of hot glue to do the job.
The only thing left to do is tie a bow with the ribbon on the top of the wreath where it will hang at the door...as you can see from the picture I also hung 3 eggs from the bow as well.
Viola! You have a gorgeous wreath to greet your guests!
The door hangers for wreaths can be purchased at the Dollar Tree, but I use a metal one from Walmart , though I have used the 3m strips in the past (took the paint off my door when removed)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.