Introduction: Easy 15-minute Banana Pancakes
In keeping with my theme of easy, simple, yet delicious recipes, I present: 15-minute banana pancakes!
Requiring only 6 common ingredients, these pancakes are a tasty start to a lazy weekend morning. It's also a great way to use up over-ripe bananas - I hate eating soft bananas by themselves, but the softer they are, the easier to mash for pancakes.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 - 2 bananas
Step 2: Mix Together Your Dry Ingredients
- In a small bowl add and mix:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Step 3: Add in Everything Else!
- Crack and egg onto a small bowl (using a separate bowl is less messy) and scramble it
- Add egg to the mix of dry ingredients and mix well
- Mash the bananas and add them into the mixture
- Further crush the bananas and mix it with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl using a spoon, fork, or whatever utensil is handy!
Step 4: Fry in Pan
- Heat the pan on medium heat with a small amount of cooking oil
- Add the batter onto the heated pan - usually 2-3 tablespoons/small pancake
- Let it fry for about 1 minute, then use a spatula to flip the pancake over and fry for another minute until brown
- Take them out and serve with butter, jam, syrup, or whatever else you have in the fridge