Introduction: Easy 5-ingredient Honey Marinated Chicken!
This is a short and (hopefully) easy recipe for marinated chicken. This recipe was written to be a healthy, simple alternative to those calorie laden (but delicious) sweet honey deserts, and proves that Honey can also be used for savoury dishes too! This instructable is in the Made by Bees contest, If you think this instructable is good enough, please vote for it on the top right hand corner, Thanks!
Made by Bees!
We really have to thank bees, they are like the unseen force of nature, without bees, one third of the food we eat, would not be here. Thankfully Bees are still around and are pollinating food as you read this... However like many other animals and plants, they are effected by the excessive use of pesticides in some places, hopefully through this instructable, more awareness will be raised towards the fate and hopefully appreciation towards bees.. :D (Every small bit counts!)
Step 1: Ingredients & Materials Needed
Ingredients (Once again ONLY 5!)
1. Half a Kilogram of defrosted Chicken (Wings or Drumsticks or a mix of the two)
2. IMPORTANT** 1 tablespoon of Honey!!!! :D (Any type will do, I like to use Manuka honey)
3. 1 tablespoon of Dark Soy sauce (This adds to the flavour, but isn't necessary)
4. 1 and a half tablespoons of Light Soy sauce
5. 2 dashes Ground black pepper
1 Mixing bowl
Utensils for mixing & marinating
Step 2: Mixing the Ingredients and Marinating...
1. Place the defrosted chicken in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of honey (any sort will do).
5. Add 2 dashes of ground black pepper.
6. Now mix the ingredients together, and leave to marinate for 1 - 2 hours, the more time the better it will taste.. :D
7. Grill in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180˚C
Step 3: Eating!
Thanks for reading this instructable I hope you enjoyed it and get a chance to try making it! I also hope that through this more people will learn about what is happening to; and how we can help out our Bees! Please vote for me in the Made by Bees contest, if you have time, Thanks! Please post some comments below, and if photo if you made it!!! Thanks!