I have attached the PDF file in the last step to this Inst'able for those without a pro membership.
Step 1: Parts and Prep (Small Stuff)
==These are the small components you will need==
- 555 timer chip
- NPN transistor
- two #103 capacitors (0.01 microfarads or 10,000 picofarads)
- #102 capacitor (0.001 microfarads or 1,000 picofarads)
- some short wires
- two 1 Kilohm resistors
- 10 Kilohm resistor
- 1/8 inch (3.5 millimeter) female audio jack (yours may have more or less than three
wires, but it must have at least two)
- 5 Kilohm potentiometer
==see next step for bigger components==
Step 2: Parts and Prep (Bigger Stuff)
==These are the bigger components you will need==
- 1/8 inch (3.5 millimeter) male audio cable
- AM radio receiver
- Antenna. Yours doesn't have to be made out of a pop can, but the pop can works
(see previous step for the small components)
Step 3: Schematic!!
==Now that we have all of our components ready, lets put this together!==
I suggest constructing this on a breadboard first.
If you don't have a breadboard, you are definitely missing out!
If you have any questions... ASK!
P.S. Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE! : )