Easy Apple Turnover
Thaw pastry sheets overnight in refrigerator OR
Remove puff pastry sheets from package and allow to warm for a minimum of 20 minutes.
While pastry warms:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peal, core and slice 3-4 Granny Smith Apples
- Place large frying pan on medium low burner
- Melt about 1 TBSP of butter
- Add apple slices and stir while simmering until slices start to soften
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to taste, stirring to coat slices
- Slowly add about 1 TBSP of flour and allow juices to thicken.
- May use cornstarch if not allergic to corn
While juices thicken:
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Open a sheet of puff pastry onto parchment paper
Put together and bake
- Place apple slices and thickened juice onto pastry
- Leave about 1 inch free all around the edge
- Open second sheet pastry and place on top of the apples, stretch sheet of pastry as needed
- Pinch edges together
- Cut vent holes into top sheet Brush lightly with egg wash
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Place onto middle rack of oven
Check after 20 minutes and remove if brown