These bean burgers are super easy and very quick to make - not to mention you can add in so many things to suit your tastes! This is just a base recipe, so go wild. :D
These take about 30-45 minutes to make, and have a very short ingredient list. One can of beans can make four burgers!
Step 1: Ingredients + hardware!
- 1 14 oz. can OR 2 cups beans of your choice (I'm using chickpeas & black beans)
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 tbsp spice of your choice (I'm using chili powder in the black beans, cumin in the chickpeas)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- oil for cooking (olive or canola)
- large pan for frying
- food processor
- spatulas, forks, etc.
- cutting boards