Introduction: Easy Beef With Cabbage Recipe
Are you tired of prepackaged food that tastes like cardboard? Are you tired of busy day to day events that leave you with little to no time to prepare food your body desires? If you are, then this easy recipe will be perfect for you. The recipe can be completed in about 20 minutes without the need to prepare anything in advance. The instructions for this recipe are simple and does not require any previous cooking experiences.
Step 1: Equipment
WOK / FRYING PAN: A wok or deep frying pan that can contain all your ingredients.
CUTTING-BOARD: A hard surface to easily prepare the ingredients. Any cutting-board of medium to large size.
KNIFE: Prepare a good kitchen knife. The sharper the knife the easier and quicker the food can be prepared.
OTHER: Paper towels, measuring cups, spoons, forks, scissors, etc.
Step 2: Ingredients for Beef With Cabbage
¼ lb of boneless lean beef
⅓ of a green cabbage
1 green onion
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of cooking wine
Cooking oil, or vegetable oil, etc.
Step 3: Prep for Beef With Cabbage
Cut the beef into quarter inch thin slices. This process is best done by asking the butchers in the grocery store, only if the store provides this service, to do it for you. If not, cut the beef as thinly as possible. Take out a piece of quarter inch thin slice of beef and cut it into thin strips. You can determine the amount of beef strips to cut.
Cut the cabbage into long one inch strips. Then take each individual strip and cut them into one and a half inch pieces.
Cut off the head of the green onion. Then dice it into small slices.
Step 4: Instruction for Beef With Cabbage
- Put the wok on the stove then add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Turn the heat up to 8 and wait for one minute for the oil to heat up. When the oil is heated, add the green onions into the wok.
- Stir the green onions until all of it is covered in oil. Now add the strips of beef into the wok.
- Stir the beef for approximately 2 minutes, or until most of the beef is not pink.
- Add the cabbage into the wok with the beef. Stir the cabbage and beef for another minute.
- Once the oil covers everything in the wok, it is time to add the flavoring.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking wine and stir the mixture for 30 seconds to remove the smell of beef.
- Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix it well in the wok.
- Taste the contents in the wok. Determine if the contents are salty enough. If it is not salty enough, add 1 teaspoon of salt and stir the contents well.
- Once the taste is satisfactory, the dish is ready. Take the content sin the wok out and get ready to enjoy your hard work.