Introduction: Easy Bound Journal DIY
This is by far the easiest way to bind a book, journal or sketchbook with a vinyl or leather cover.
Step 1: Watch the Short Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Americana Decoupage Paper (decorative paper)
11" x 17" vinyl or leather
Americana Stick On Stencils
Twine (that matches the vinyl)
Americana Multi-Surface Metallic gold
Office copy paper
Step 3: Here's How
1. Trace a folded piece of copy paper on the inside edge of your vinyl
2. Move it over 1/2" and trace it again
3. Add 3" more and then 1/2" all the way around
4. Cut it out with pinking shears *This is the cover (with flap) and it will be about 14 1/2" x 9 1/2"
5. Edge the vinyl with metallic gold using a dry brush technique *This will give it an aged and gilded look
6. Stencil on the cover with more metallic gold lightly dabbing with a dauber
7. Cut decoupage papers to 8 1/2" x 11" and create a stack of copy paper with the decorative paper on top
8. Draw a line down the center and stitch the pages together
9. Make about 8 - 10 stacks and fold them on the stitch line
10. Clip them together and add a generous amount of E-6000 glue to the folded edges
11. Secure them in place while they dry
12. Clip a small hole in the flap and add a long piece of twine for a tie
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.