To get started you will need:
- Fabric, 1 yard will be way more than enough.
- *Fusible interfacing, again 1 yard is way more than enough.
- Color-coordinated thread
- Sewing machine
- Cutting tool, such as a circle cutter or scissors
- Paper and pen to draw your pattern
*Interfacing is usually available at any store in which you can purchase fabric. It varies in type and thickness, the type used in this tutorial is a fusible (it can be ironed on) type and relatively thin. The interfacing is used to provide extra support and keeps the bow from being floppy or saggy.
Step 1: Make your pattern.
2. Use your scissors to cut your pattern pieces out.
Step 2: Cut out your fabric pieces.
4. Pin small pattern to fabric and cut one piece.
5. Pin large pattern to interfacing and cut one piece; once you have cut this out trim a little off the edges to make it slightly smaller than the large fabric pieces.
You will end up with four pieces total!
Step 3: Iron
7. Iron all pieces flat.