Follow these instructions for a quick and easy bow tie. The finished product can then be attached to just about anything you can think of!
To get started you will need:
- Fabric, 1 yard will be way more than enough.
- *Fusible interfacing, again 1 yard is way more than enough.
- Color-coordinated thread
- Sewing machine
- Cutting tool, such as a circle cutter or scissors
- Paper and pen to draw your pattern
*Interfacing is usually available at any store in which you can purchase fabric. It varies in type and thickness, the type used in this tutorial is a fusible (it can be ironed on) type and relatively thin. The interfacing is used to provide extra support and keeps the bow from being floppy or saggy.
Step 1: Make your pattern.
1. Grab your paper and pend to sketch out a quick pattern. You will want to make them with approximately the same dimensions as in the picture (the large piece is 5 x 3.5 inches and the small piece is 3.5 x 1.5 inches) in order to get the same bow shape. After making your first bow you can modify the pattern to make variation in the size and shape of your bows!
2. Use your scissors to cut your pattern pieces out.