Step 1: Tools & Ingredients Needed
2. A big mixing spoon, slotted if you have one.
3. Microwave oven.
4. 9 paper towels, torn into 3 strips of 3 towels each.
5. A stick and a half of butter or margarine. I like to use a whole stick of butter, and half of margarine, but this is really your choice. My mother always used all margarine, but I am a die-hard butter lover.
6. A heaping teaspoon of salt.
7. 3 heaping teaspoons of garlic powder.
8. About 3 cups of thin pretzel sticks
9. About 2 1/2 cups of Corn Chex cereal. I always use the generic brand, much cheaper! You could also substitute with rice or wheat chex.
10. About 3 cups of your favorite cheese cracker. I prefer the reduced fat Cheezit brand, but again, use what you like!
11. About 2 1/2 cups of plain Cheerios cereal. Generic is fine here, too.
NOTE: The measurements for the dry ingredients are approximate. Everyone seems to have their one favorite ingredient, for me it is the pretzel sticks and cheese crackers, so I use a little more of them than the other 2 cereals. Just make sure that each ingredient takes up no more than about 1/4 to 1/3 of your bowl space!