Turn scrap wood into beautiful wood printing blocks. Use adult coloring books for pattern ideas and a simple Dremel to make your designs.
Step 1: Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paints
Jigsaw and Dremel
Adult coloring book pages for inspiration
Step 3: Here's How
1. Using adult coloring book pages for inspiration, draw your design on scrap wood
2. Carefully cut out the shape with a jigsaw *You can skip this step and only work on squares if you want.....It's up to you
3. Carve out your design with the Dremel *Add lots of detail with dots and lines to make your blocks more interesting
4. Sand the sides and face of the block
5. & 6. Gather your paints and foam sheets
7. Place the foam sheet under the fabric, sponge paint on the surface of the printing block *The foam sheets allow for the wood block to stamp evenly on the fabric surface
8. Carefully add even pressure to the printing block on the fabric
9. Use the extra small scraps for smaller printing blocks