Sprinkled with garlic and parmesan cheese, these breadsticks are very fluffy, and rich in flavor. Add a side of marinara sauce, and these breadsticks will be off the wall! Serving these cheesy breadsticks would be perfect with a smooth and creamy pasta. Sit back and enjoy the food, you won't be disappointed!
Step 1: Ingredients
1 1/2 c warm water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2-4 cups flower
1/4 c butter
3/4 c grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon garlic seasoning
Step 2: Making the Dough
Mix the water, sugar and yeast together in a measuring cup or in the bottom of your mixer. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Adding Ingredients
Add the salt and th flour, one cup at a time, until it is well incorporated. Mix on high for 5 minutes. Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Preparation Before Baking
- Melt the butter and pour half of it into a jelly roll pan (large cookie sheet)
- Place the dough in the center of the pan. Let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes. Letting the dough rest makes it MUCH easier to shape.
Step 5: Spreading the Dough
- Spread the dough out flat onto the pan until it reaches all of the edges. Doing all of the spreading and cutting of these bread sticks, in the pan makes cleaning up your counter so much easier!
Step 6: Adding the Toppings
-Pour the other half of the butter onto the dough. Spread it around with your hands. Sprinkle the Johnny's Garlic Seasoning all over the dough, and then the Parmesan cheese.
Step 7: Cutting the Dough
-With a pizza cutter cut the dough into three rows lengthwise, and then into about 12 little height wise rows.
Step 8: Baking
- Put the pan into a 170 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes. The breadsticks should rise about 1 inch.
- Turn your oven up to 350 and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Step 9: Final Product
Yield: 36 small breadsticks
Total time: 45 minutes