Introduction: Easy Chicken Salad
Fun fact, the American form of chicken salad, like this one, Rhode Island, in 1863, used to not leftover chicken go to waste. Some leftover chicken was mixed with mayonnaise, tarragon, and grapes, and this eventually became a popular dish.
This is a simple chicken salad that requires very few ingredients. There are only 3 essential ingredients, chicken breast, onions, and mayonnaise. Although you may add more ingredients to 'spice it up.'
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Onion
- Green Onion
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Hard boiled egg
Step 2: Mise En Place
- Dice the onions and then set aside
- Chop the green onions thinly like shown in the picture.
Step 3: Poach the Chicken
- Put the chicken in a pot of hot water
- Cover it for about 10 minutes until it is cooked thoroughly
- Poke the chicken breast with chopsticks or a fork to check if it is cooked in the inside.
Step 4: Slice the Chicken
- Slice the chicken to small strips like shown in the picture, and then set aside.
Step 5: Mixing It Together
- Add 3 heaping teaspoons of mayonnaise
- Add a teaspoon of salt and vinegar
- Add a couple of teaspoons of pepper
- Add in the chicken, onions, and green onions
- Mix well
You can also add hard-boiled eggs, carrots, relish, and celery.