Introduction: Easy Cream Cheese-Pecan Fudge
This was a recipe given to my mother a few years ago. We love it and I hope you do too! It's very easy and makes a wonderful gift if you make your neighbors plates of treats for the holidays!
This is the EASIEST fudge to make! You don't need to cook the fudge with a candy thermometer or anything!
Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the finished product once it is cooled and sliced. Hopefully, you can forgive me and enjoy the picture of the pecans :)
Also, in this recipe I've made a double batch. That's why I'm not using a 9x9 inch pan.
Step 1: Ingredients
8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. of butter
2 c. chopped pecans
~ 1 1/2 lbs of powdered sugar
Step 2: Toasting the Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet (this will reduce your mess)
3. Chop up your pecans
4. Melt butter
5. Mix butter and chopped pecans
6. Pour pecan-butter mix onto cookie sheet.
7. Bake pecans roughly 15-20 minutes. After 10 minutes watch them closely. They should look a little toasted. If a few on the edge of the pan burn it's no big deal. Just toss out the burnt ones.
Step 3: Mixing the Cream Cheese
8. Try as best you can to mix the cream cheese in with the powdered sugar.
9. When you have completely mixed the powdered sugar and cream cheese or you have given up, add the toasted pecans to the mix. The butter on them will add some liquid and help you blend it more thoroughly.
10. When all ingredients are mixed thoroughly pour into 9x9 inch brownie pan and pat it down lightly so that it can spread out into the pan.
11. Set in the fridge to cool and eat whenever you are ready!
See! Wasn't that easy!?
Storage: I would recommend storing it in the fridge covered in aluminum foil since one of the main components is cream cheese.