To make it a little more special, I made the 'construction' of the shoe rack out of the letters S, H, O, E, and S. If you want to know how it's made or want to make your own, just follow the steps. It took me about an afternoon to make this one.
Step 1: Tools
The shoe rack I made can hold 8 pairs of shoes. If you need more space, you can use longer sticks and more letters.
These are the items you need to make the shoe rack:
- MDF with a total size of 300x1000mm (I used 2 pieces of 300x600). Mine was 12mm thick.
- Round wooden sticks of about 1 meter in length. Mine were 10mm in diameter.
- An (electric) hand saw. If you have access to a band saw that would be even easier, but a hand saw works just as well.
- An electric drill and a drill bit of 10mm (or 11) in diameter.
- A hand file to make the drilled holes a little bigger if needed. If you use a 11mm drill bit, you probably don't need the file.