- 10 inch round cake (can also use 8 or 9 inch, but the pictures show a 10 inch cake)
- Serrated knife - to sculpt the cake
- Chocolate and Vanilla Icing (can be store bought)
- Decorators Bags (2)
- Grass and hair decorating tip (I used Wilton tip 233) - having 2 of these would be helpful because you need to switch from one icing color to the other.
- zippered sandwich bag
- Chocolate Chips (2) for the eyes - I used standard sized chips - not the minis
- Small cinnamon candy or small red round or heart shaped sprinkle (1) for the nose
Step 1: Carving The Cake
Once the cake has cooled, carve it as shown. The head and four legs are separate pieces. The body and tail are all one piece. The pieces don't have to be perfectly sculpted. They just define the basic ferret shape. Position your pieces on your serving plate.