Look no further for the latest addition to your collection.
Step 1: Materials
What do i need?
well, Ultimately you only need a single 9 Volt Battery, and some steel Wool.
(anything Finer than #0, Should work, however the best results are with the Finest "#0000)
However For this Instructable, and for testing purposes, i have listed the items you will need to perform this yourself.
1. Steel wool, Grade #0000. (the finer the better), about 3$ at Walmart.
2. A single 9 Volt battery, Alkaline helps although im sure its not required.
(if this is going in your survival Kit, i recommend a decent brand name, not a cheepo :D)
3. A decent pair of scissors.
4. Paper like material, Paper Towels, Printer Paper, toilet Paper.
5. Kindling Material, Sticks, twigs, Leaves, Helicopters that love to litter yards. etc.
This instructable will show you how to make fire using only steel wool and a 9 volt battery.
the reason this is important is because neither of these items can create an ignition by themselves, and the best part is
they are small and fairly easy to use.
steel wool burns at the same temperature any other kind of steel burns, over 1000 Degrees Fahrenheit.
that being said its an awesome fire starter for anything under that, whether it be paper, wood or leaves.
with paper only burning at roughly 491 Degrees Fahrenheit, it easily ignites, and you can have yourself a nice survival fire with limited resources, given the concept of being able to start a fire using battery's whether its with a 9 Volt or not.