S'mores are one of my favorite desserts. I make them in the microwave all the time! I decided to take it a step further for Fried Day Friday @ Instructables and see how they would taste fried in cake batter.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Gram Crackers
- Chocolate bars
- Marshmallows (or fluff)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
Pancake batter: this is quick and easy!
- Deep Fryer: or a regular pot
- Peanut Oil: you can use regular vegetable oil, but peanut oil works best for frying
Step 2: S'mores and Batter
- Cut marshmallow in half
- Layer gram cracker, piece of chocolate, 2 marshmallow halves, and gram cracker
Step 3: Prepare S'mores - Heat and Freeze
You need to make the s'mores one solid object so it doesn't fall apart in the fryer.
HEAT: heat the prepared s'mores in the microwave. Heat for 10 seconds, let cool, heat for 5 seconds, let cool, heat for 3 seconds.
COOL**: place warm s'mores in the freezer for 2 hours.
**I used liquid nitrogen to freeze my s'mores because we happened to have it in the office - I know this is not practical for most people.
Step 4: Fry Baby Fry!
- Heat Oil: 375 degrees
- Coat S'mores in Batter: dip each s'more in your batter covering it completely.
- Frying Strainer: places the batter covered s'mores in the frying strainer (2 at a time) and put in hot oil.
- Cook: the s'mores will float to the top of the oil. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Cooling Rack: place s'mores on cooling rack covered in paper towls to help absorb some of the oil