Key--- Steps=the steps, Number=the steps inside the steps
Step 1: Materials
1. Some Empty PET water bottles, preferably the 500mL/1.05 pint kind.
2. Glue sticks for the hot glue gun
3. (Optional) Twine
Tools you will need---
1. A hot glue gun
2. Sharp scissors, you can use an xacto knife if you want to.
Step 2: Removing the Labels
Step 3: Cutting the Bottles
1. Cut off the base about 1 inch up from the bottom. This step is optional for the liner.
2. Look at the following pictures to see the different glass designs.
3. Cut off the about 4 lines down from the first line if you are doing the liner or the exotic. (sorry, Ill upload a picture soon for this)
Step 4: The Liner
1. Insert the top section cap-down into the middle section for a snug fit. You don't need to force it.
2. Take the hot glue gun and cover the seam fully. Don't put too much on or it will burn through the PET and ruin everything!!! OH NOES!!! (sorry, no picture of this process here either, I'll upload it soon)
Step 5: The Exotic
1. Hold the top section cap-down onto the bottom section.
2. Once you are satisfied that it is level, take the hot glue gun and glue around the edge of the cap until when you look up from the bottom, the cap is surrounded at the bottom by glue.
3. Cut a large piece of twine off the spool ( like 2 feet or so)
4. Put a dab of hot glue at the end of the twine.
5. Push the glued end of the twine onto the ring above the cap. There is no way to avoid getting scalded a bit here.
6. Continue wrapping the twine downwards around the cap until you get halfway or the twine starts getting loose. Put a dab of glue there to keep it in place, then keep wrapping.
7. When you get to the bottom edge of the cap, put a blob of glue on the cap there and stick the twine there. Wait a minute or two for the blob to dry, then cut the twine down to size.
Step 6: The Tropical
To make the tropical, follow steps 1 and 2 from the exotic. If you want to go above and beyond, you can also do steps 3 to 7 (I didn't go above and beyond).
Step 7: Uber-Watertight
In the picture I sealed it after I assembled everything. Don't be like me.
Step 8: Finishing Up
This Instructable is an entry in the Tap'dNY Keep The Bottle Contest. I hope that you will vote on my instructable if you like it!