Ingredients preheat oven to 375 degrees approximate baking time 18-20mins
-2 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
(whole grain is best)
-3/4 cup warm milk of choice or water
-2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
-1/3 cup sugar
-2 T melted palm shortening
-4 oz apple sauce
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (not necessary if your mix already contains a gum)
-1 1/2 cup sugar
-2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-8 T melted palm shortening
1. Heat milk in microwave to 100 degrees. Add yeast and sugar and mix well. Allow to sit for 5 mins.
2. Combine the GF flour, salt, and xanthan gum in a large mixing bowl. Add applesauce and 2 T melted shortening.
3. Pour yeast mixture in and mix by hand. The dough should be more like a thick batter consistency. You shouldn't be able to make a dense solid ball in your hand. It should and will be soft. If dropped, it should flatten. Add more milk if batter is too thick.
4. For the topping: In a separate bowl melt shortening.
5. For the topping: In another separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
6. Grease an 8 or 9 inch round pan with extra shortening. Lightly sprinkle pan with 1 T of cinnamon sugar mix for the topping.