No mixer is needed and it's supposed to look messy. It tastes better. (Not really, but at least its easier to prepare.) It's so easy and fun!. If you have kids, make it with them, they'll love the process. You'll spend quality time and you can start a yummy tradition.
Are you drooling yet? Alright, let's start already!
Like what you see? Please vote for this. :)
Look for more: http://petiteallergytreats.blogspot.com
Step 1: Ingredients
Ingredients preheat oven to 375 degrees approximate baking time 18-20mins
-2 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (whole grain is best)
-3/4 cup warm milk of choice or water
-2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
-1/3 cup sugar
-2 T melted palm shortening
-4 oz apple sauce
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (not necessary if your mix already contains a gum)
-1 1/2 cup sugar
-2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-8 T melted palm shortening
1. Heat milk in microwave to 100 degrees. Add yeast and sugar and mix well. Allow to sit for 5 mins.
2. Combine the GF flour, salt, and xanthan gum in a large mixing bowl. Add applesauce and 2 T melted shortening.
3. Pour yeast mixture in and mix by hand. The dough should be more like a thick batter consistency. You shouldn't be able to make a dense solid ball in your hand. It should and will be soft. If dropped, it should flatten. Add more milk if batter is too thick.
4. For the topping: In a separate bowl melt shortening.
5. For the topping: In another separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
6. Grease an 8 or 9 inch round pan with extra shortening. Lightly sprinkle pan with 1 T of cinnamon sugar mix for the topping.