Step 1: Material That Are Required to Make This Stand
- wood(any type is fine however I used wood that was 1/2 inch thick)
- four finely threaded screws
- band saw( use of a jig saw or scroll saw would also work)
- drill press and electric cordless drill.( drill press was only used to make perfectly straight pilot holes but the cordless drill could also work just fine)
Step 2: Marking and Cutting the Wood
After the wood is marked we are ready to cut it out. I used a band saw to make all of my cuts for this project but the use of a jig saw or even a scroll saw could be used.
Step 3: Sanding, Drilling, and Fastening
Once the holes are drilled you can screw the fine thread screws into the two cross members. This can be seen completed in the second and third photo above.
Repeat this process again on the other side and you will be done!
Step 4: Finished Product and Final Thoughts
- I thought it would be a bit overkill but when you are screwing the cross members to the two sides if you use a wood glue then this could add to the durability overall.
- staining was not done on the one in the picture but I will definitely consider doing that in the future to improve the overall look and appeal.
- for the cross members to prevent splitting a solid piece of wood would work much better!
Leave in the comments anything you think that could be improved on or added. All feedback is appropriated.